A Boutique Firm Offering Customized, Legal Solutions
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
Andy Bartelt is an attorney at Connell Michael Kerr, LLP, where he practices in the areas of family law, criminal defense and civil litigation. Andy is a graduate of Indiana University-Bloomington, where he earned degrees in Economics and Political Science, as well as a minor in Spanish. He also graduated from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law and is admitted to practice in all state courts in Indiana and the federal United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. Andy has been rated by Indiana Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in the legal profession.
Andy is an experienced trial lawyer and primarily focuses his practice in family law, representing clients in family law matters including divorce, legal separation, child custody, child support, parenting time, post-decree enforcement, post-decree modifications, guardianships, adoptions, paternity, emancipations, spousal maintenance, relocations, protective orders, grandparent rights, and other family law issues. In addition to his practice in family law, Andy is also experienced in civil litigation and criminal defense matters.
Andy is trained in collaborative law, an increasingly popular alternative to litigation, and he is a Board Member of the Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals and member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indiana University-Bloomington
- Major: Economics and Political Science
- Minor: Spanish
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals, Board Member
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Member
- Hendricks County Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Rising Star, Indiana Super Lawyers, 2017 - 2021
Classes & Seminars
- Challenges in Family Law, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, 2019
- Family Law Start to Finish, National Business Institute, 2019
- Advanced Issues in Family and Divorce Law, National Business Institute, 2018
- Gatekeeping by Custodial Parents, National Business Institute, 2017